Rowe Neurology Institute (RNI) is based on a philosophy that research serves patient care, and patient care serves research. All of the caregivers have access to findings and ideas, and can contribute to lines of inquiry. We also participate in clinical studies sponsored by pharmaceutical companies, who are developing new approaches to therapy.
RNI, a clinical practice in Neurology, was founded in 1982 by Vernon D. Rowe III, MD. When a need was seen to provide comprehensive medical care, with a bench to bedside philosophy, the MidAmerica Neuroscience Research Foundation (MANRF) was formed. In seeking to make the MS treatment safer for kidneys, Dr. Rowe’s team struck upon an existing molecule which was considered until that time to have no function inside the body. The research team at MANRF showed that this compound protects kidneys from a wide range of intravenous drugs. RNI’s structure, with clinic, research lab, and commercialization engine operating side-by-side, is what allows us to bring cutting-edge techniques and technology to patients. Read more at www.neurokc.com.
We work hard for accurate, efficient, effective Data Collection for FDA Approval.
The research department conducts research according to the FDA regulations and within the Good Clinical Practice Guidelines. Our research professionals maintain certification in the protection of human subjects.
Our facility is in the heart of midwest with clinical equipment and procedures already in place.
We are located in Lenexa, Kansas toward the southwest corner of the Kansas City Metropolitan area. The 15-county Kansas City Metropolitan area is the 27th largest in the United States with an estimated population of 1,967,405.
The research foundation is a handicap accessible medical clinic, well-equipped, conveniently located near major highways, and approximately 30 minutes from an international airport.
The clinical research area includes:
- examination rooms
- limited-access medication storage (room temperature, refrigerated and -20 °)
- draw/processing laboratory with dedicated sample storage units (room temperature, refrigerated, -20 ° and -70 °)
- ECG equipment; radiology facilities (X-ray, MRI, CT)
- emergency protocols (crash cart, local ER facilities)
- high-speed Internet access to support Electronic Data Capture activities and dedicated monitor space with Internet connectivity.
We have top neurological sub-specialists and dedicated support staff
Our support staff consists of dedicated individuals who love people and believe in the advancement of medicine.
We have a comprehensive institute from basic science research to various clinical centers.
The Institute operates its own:
- imaging center
- neurophysiology lab
- state of the art polysomnography sleep lab
- clinical and basic science research area
Our Sleep Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. The center has:
- 8 sleep beds
- digital equipment
- staff includes five registered polysomnography technologists, two of whom are certified Respiratory Therapists.